The UNESCO-Japan Prize on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) honours outstanding projects by individuals, institutions and organizations related to ESD.
Application Deadline: 30th April 2021 (UTC+1, Paris time).
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All
To be taken at (country): Japan
About the Award: The prize, which is funded by the Government of Japan, consists of three annual awards of USD 50,000 for each recipient.
The Prize and award winners recognize the role of education in connecting the social, economic, cultural and environmental dimensions of sustainable development. The Global Action Programme on ESD (GAP) calls for scaling up of ESD action at all levels as a means of implementing all the Sustainable Development Goals.
Offered Since: 2015
Selection Criteria: The three Prize winners are selected by the Director-General of UNESCO on the basis of recommendations made by an international independent Jury consisting of five experts.
The project/programme of the nominee are assessed by the Jury on the basis of the following criteria:
- Transformation: The project/programme practices Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) as transformative education in support of sustainable development, , leading to individual and social change.
- Integration: The project/programme addresses the three dimensions of sustainable development (society, economy, environment) in an integrated way.
- Innovation: The project/programme demonstrates an innovative approach to ESD.
In addition to these three criteria, the project/programme should:
- be onging and have been running for at least four years
- have a high impact relative to the invested resources
- be replicable and scalable
- contribute to one or more of the five Priority Action Areas of the GAP.
Number of Awardees: 3
Value of Award: USD 50,000 each
How to Apply: While completing the Form, please also keep in mind that the project/programme will be assessed by the Jury on the basis of the selection criteria above.
It is important to go through the Application instructions on the Program Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Award Provider: UNESCO, Japan Government.
Leverage pad is the fastest growing hub for opportunities, fellowships, scholarships, grants and so much. Click here to join our facebook group and stay connected