Deadline: March 22, 2021
Applications are open for the Swedish Institute Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) Baltic Sea Region and Eastern Partnership Countries 2021. The Swedish Institute Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP) is a training programme developed to build new networks, knowledge and practices for increased transparency, efficiency and resilience in public administration.
The programme also aims to strengthen your individual capabilities to meet the requirements of a modern governance structure. As a SAYP participant, you will be able to expand your own contact networks and share ideas, experiences and challenges with other like-minded professionals.
SAYP is a collaboration between the Swedish Institute (SI) and Swedish universities, responsible for developing and organising training modules. The modules rely on a mix of modern teaching methods with emphasis on interactivity, collaboration and problem-based learning. The training programme may include webinars, interactive lectures, small-group discussions, study visits and other learning activities allowing to deepen and practice your knowledge. This year, it is possible to apply for the following thematic modules within SAYP:
- Migration and Integration in the Eastern Partnership and the Baltic Sea Region, Gothenburg University & Georgian Institute of Public Affairs
- Perspectives on Multi-level Governance, Decentralisation & Human Rights, Lund University
- Sustainable e–Government for Resilient and Innovative Democratic Public Administration (SeGRID), Linköping University
- Sustainable Public Management, Malmö University
- Transnational Public Administration and Organising (TPAO), Södertörn University
SAYP will give you:
- Opportunity to develop your professional skills.
- Tools to apply in your own organisations and local contexts.
- Knowledge within sustainable modern governance.
- Experience of cross-sectorial work environment.
- Personal and professional network.
- Membership in the SI Alumni Network.
- Exclusive access to Peer Shadowing and other tools for continued learning.
- Participation in SAYP is free of charge. All costs, including meals, accommodation and travel in case of on-site activities, are covered by the Swedish Institute. SI also provides health insurance for the participants from the countries outside of the EU, covering the period of their stay in Sweden.
You can apply to SAYP if you:
- Are a citizen of and currently working in one of the following countries: Armenia, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Sweden, Ukraine
- Have a good command of English, both spoken and written
- Have a relevant higher education (at least three years of study)
- Are up to 35 years old (born 1986)
- Are currently employed in one of the following groups:
- Policymakers (politicians, government officials, employees of political parties).
- Public servants (non-political civil servants working at public organisations).
- Civil society workers (CSO/NGO employees.
You can apply for a SAYP module via the website of the respective organiser (host university). If you apply for more than one module, it is very important to rank the modules in order of your preference, as you can only be admitted to one of them.
For more information, visit SAYP.
Leverage pad is the fastest growing hub for opportunities, fellowships, scholarships, grants and so much. Click here to join our facebook group and stay connected