Goethe-Institut Namibia is calling on creatives to produce short videos for its AfriComics project.
Application Deadline: 18th February 2021
About the Award: The Goethe-Institut in Sub-Saharan Africa is working on a project called “AfriComics”. The aim of this project is to promote and encourage the use of comics/graphic novels as a means of artistic, social and cultural expression. For this purpose, we plan workshops with African and German comic artists as well as a publication. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, however, physical encounters cannot yet take place, so we are first starting to create a video library that future workshop participants can use to prepare themselves independently.
The videos will be presented on a self-learning platform to prepare future workshop participants.
Possible topics could be:
- Interesting artists or series of your choice.
- History of the comic scene.
- Particular tools, programmes and techniques.
- Specifics of marketing or publishing graphic novels.
Eligibility: We search for creative minds to produce short videos. These videos will be presented on a self-learning platform in order to prepare future workshop participants. Possible topics could be:
- History of the comic scene
- Particular tools, programs and techniques
- Specifics of marketing or publishing graphic novels
- Interesting artists or series of your choice
At this stage, we are looking for ideas for videos (10min), which a jury will review and make a selection. The authors of the selected exposés will then be provided with further information about format, fees, deadlines etc.
Eligible Countries: Namibia
Number of Awards: Not specified
How to Apply: All contributors are required to submit an application via email as one PDF document. The application should include the following documents:
- An exposé explaining what the applicant would like to do and to what end.
- A CV and a portfolio including any relevant links to the applicant’s website or social media.
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Leverage pad is the fastest growing hub for opportunities, fellowships, scholarships, grants and so much. Click here to join our facebook group and stay connected