The WTO Secretariat is seeking candidates for the World Trade Organisation Young Professionals Programme for 2021.
Application Deadline: 29th April 2021 (CET)
Eligible Countries: see below
About the Award: The WTO Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a unique opportunity for qualified young professionals, from eligible developing and least-developed country (LDC) WTO Members, to enhance their knowledge and skills on WTO and international trade issues.
The Programme aims to widen the pool of professionals from these countries who can later be more competitive with respect to recruitment in the WTO and/or other regional and international organizations.
This is a limited programme that offers selected young professionals with the opportunity to gain work experience in the WTO. There is no guarantee of an extension of the programme or of a job offer after the one-year programme.
Fields of Work: The areas of work may include, inter alia, Accessions, Agriculture, Dispute Settlement, Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs), Government Procurement, Market Access (tariffs and non-tariff barriers), Rules, Trade and Development, Trade Facilitation, Economic research, Trade Policy Analysis, Trade in Services and Investment, Council and Trade Negotiations, Trade and Environment, Technical Barriers to Trade, Sanitary and Phytosanitary measures, Trade-Related Technical assistance.
Eligibility: Preference shall be given to nationals from WTO Members without any representation at the professional level in the Secretariat; and have not participated in previous cohorts of the YPP.
- Education: Advanced university degree in law economics, or other international trade-related subjects relevant to WTO work
- Knowledge and skills:
- Relevant expertise or continued academic study in a field of interest to the work of the WTO.
- Ability to think strategically; work independently and in a team.
- Demonstrated strong interest in international trade.
- Commitment and passion for trade or WTO-related work
- Work Experience: Minimum two (2) years of relevant experience
- Fluency in English.
- A good working knowledge of one other official WTO language, French or Spanish, would be an advantage
Value of Program: CHF 3,500 monthly salary (approximate)
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Duration of Program: One year without possibility of extension
Eligible Countries: Angola
Central African Republic
Kuwait, The State of
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saudi Arabia, Kingdom of
United Arab Emirates
How to Apply: All candidates must complete an online application form on the Program Webpage.
Leverage pad is the fastest growing hub for opportunities, fellowships, scholarships, grants and so much. Click here to join our facebook group and stay connected